The past week has been a whirlwind. COVID-19 has taken control of the economy, our businesses, the health of our population, and our ability to go about our daily lives. What is left for us to control? Putting plans in place for the present and the future.
COVID-19 has taught us we cannot always control what impacts our lives. We can, however, control the amount of destruction that COVID-19 will ultimately cause in our lives if we plan accordingly.
In the personal aspect of life – Estate Planning can assure you and your family’s assets and End-of-Life decisions will be in order in the event of an unforeseen death in your family. Further, setting up a trust can make sure that your family’s assets avoid going through probate court.
Lardiere McNair’s Estate Planning team can advise you and guide you and your family in the following areas:
- Who will handle your financial affairs in the event that you become unable to do so yourself;
- Who, if anyone, will make your medical and/or end of life decisions in the event that you are unable to do so;
- The decision between burial and cremation;
- Who is given your real estate and personal property in the event of your death; and
- Who is the executor/executrix of your life estate?
The state of our country’s economy has also caused significant financial uncertainty and disruption. With government orders to close certain businesses, business owners are at a crossroads on what to do next. Lardiere McNair can advise business owners on their options including, but not limited to:
- Business planning for how to navigate difficult times;
- How to go about layoffs;
- Aiding in immediate access to temporary/permanent unemployment benefits for employees;
- Ensuring the proper handbook is in place; and
- Advising on what tax credits or other benefits there are for small businesses from the government.
Let Lardiere McNair help you put plans in place for you, your family, and your business during this challenging time. Have a safe and relaxing weekend!
Taylor Agler is a Law Clerk at Lardiere McNair, LLC. To read more about our firm, please visit www.lmcounsel.com.
The information presented here has been prepared by Lardiere McNair for promotional and informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. This information is not intended to provide, and receipt of it does not constitute legal advice. Nor does the receipt of this material create an attorney/client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is not established until such time as Lardiere McNair enters into a written engagement agreement with a specific client for a specific legal matter.
LEGAL NOTICE: THIS MESSAGE IS AN ADVERTISEMENT AND SOLICITATION. TO OPT OUT OF FUTURE MESSAGES, PLEASE REPLY TO: ASHLEY@LMCOUNSEL.COM WITH “UNSUBSCRIBE” OR SEND REGULAR MAIL TO:
LARDIERE MCNAIR, LLC
3956 BROWN PARK DRIVE, SUITE B
HILLIARD, OH 43026