Covid-19 has taken over our personal lives and impacted all of our businesses. Lardiere McNair is staying current on the current law in Ohio and is here to help your business navigate this pandemic. We are here to provide guidance on a number of COVID-19 related topics. Contact our office to speak to one of our attorneys. We are accepting phone and video consultations.
- Work-from-Home Policy – Do you have a written policy or agreement with your employees? Does it outline the expectations of the employee? Things like hours, duties, contact methods, required communication, breaks, safety, and necessary equipment are all possible considerations.
- Furlough Letter/Policy – Have you laid off employees due to COVID-19? Do you have any sort of written policy explaining the situation from your perspective so you can start business after the Stay at Home Order is lifted?
- “Essential Business” Policy – Is your business staying open during the Stay at Home Order? You should ensure you have a policy in place to justify that action.
- Sick Leave Policy – How will your business handle employees that get sick? What about those who have exposure to COVID-19, or must be quarantined for two weeks? Will they get paid? A policy is important to ensure all employees are treated equally.
- Insurance Review – LM is here to review any possible insurance claims you may have under your business insurance. For example, do you have business interruption insurance?
- Handbook – Now, more than ever, having a business handbook with up-to-date policies in place is important.
- Vendor Management – Are your vendors still providing service during this time? Have you reached out to them to discuss your relationship? Are they offering any deals?
- SBA Loan – $349 Billion in Federal Aid has been designated for SBA Loans. Some is eligible to be forgiven.
Chad M. Stonebrook, Esq. is a Partner at Lardiere McNair, LLC. To read more about our firm, please visit www.lmcounsel.com.
The information presented here has been prepared by Lardiere McNair for promotional and informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. This information is not intended to provide, and receipt of it does not constitute, legal advice. Nor does the receipt of this material create an attorney/client relationship. An attorney client relationship is not established until such time as Lardiere McNair enters in to a written engagement agreement with a specific client for a specific legal matter.
LEGAL NOTICE: THIS MESSAGE IS AN ADVERTISEMENT AND SOLICITATION. TO OPT OUT OF FUTURE MESSAGES, PLEASE REPLY TO: [email protected] WITH “UNSUBSCRIBE” OR SEND REGULAR MAIL TO:
LARDIERE MCNAIR, LLC
3956 BROWN PARK DRIVE, SUITE B
HILLIARD, OH 43026