While election day seems far, far away, technically we only have about 40 more days until November 8, 2016.
Here are some deadlines and important things to know if you plan to vote in person or by absentee ballot:
- November 8, 2016 – General Election Voting Day.
- The deadline to register to vote is October 11, 2016.
- Early voting starts October 12, 2016.
- Starting the day after the close of voter registration (October 12), all registered voters may request and vote an absentee ballot in person at their county board of elections or early voting center as designated by the county.
- Mail-in absentee ballots must be requested by noon on the Saturday before the election (November 5), but should be requested as early as possible so you have time to receive, vote and return your ballot.
- The deadline to return your absentee ballot (by mail) is November 5, 2016 by Noon.
- The deadline to return your absentee ballot (in person) is November 8, 2016 by close of polls.
Remember, you can take time off of work to vote, as no employer can discharge or threaten to discharge you for taking a reasonable amount of time to vote on election day.
If you cast your ballot in person, your designated polling place must be open between 6:30 am and 7:30 pm. If you do not know your polling location, visit this link:
You can download an application for an absentee ballot by visiting this link:
Finally, if you have additional questions about voting, visit http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/
Sunni DiNicola is an Associate at Lardiere McNair, LLC. To read more about our firm, please visit www.lmcounsel.com.
The information presented here has been prepared by Lardiere McNair for promotional and informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. This information is not intended to provide, and receipt of it does not constitute, legal advice. Nor does the receipt of this material create an attorney/client relationship. An attorney client relationship is not established until such time as Lardiere McNair enters in to a written engagement agreement with a specific client for a specific legal matter.
LEGAL NOTICE: THIS MESSAGE IS AN ADVERTISEMENT AND SOLICITATION. TO OPT OUT OF FUTURE MESSAGES, PLEASE REPLY TO: [email protected] WITH “UNSUBSCRIBE” OR SEND REGULAR MAIL TO:
LARDIERE MCNAIR, LLC
3956 BROWN PARK DRIVE, SUITE B
HILLIARD, OH 43026