Protecting your family, your business and your future by leveraging

large firm resources with a personalized, small firm approach

Got Potholes?

Now with the rain melting all of the snow and ice from our long winter, more and more potholes are being exposed on the Ohio roads. If you want to report a pothole, all you need to do is visit the Ohio Department of Transportation website or click on this link and report a Roadway Defect.

Similarly, if your car or property is damaged due to a pothole related incident, again, click on the link and Report a Damage Incident.

If you do report a damage incident and the department does not respond in a reasonable amount of time (typically within sixty days), you can file a claim with the Court of Claims for $25.00. You will need to fill out a claim form and file in person or mail with any accompanying documents to:

Ohio Court of Claims
The Thomas J. Moyer Ohio Judicial Center
65 South Front Street, Third Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215

Click here for the Court of Claims website for more information.

By: Sunni S. DiNicola, Associate Attorney with Lardiere McNair, LLC. To read more about Sunni, please visit


The information presented here  has been prepared by Lardiere McNair for promotional and informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice.  This information is not intended to provide, and receipt of it does not constitute, legal advice.  Nor does the receipt of this material create an attorney/client relationship.  An attorney client relationship is not established until such time as Lardiere McNair enters in to a written engagement agreement with a specific client for a specific legal matter.

Interested in learning more? REQUEST FREE CONSULTATION!