Christopher L. Lardiere, Esq. | Partner
AT A GLANCE
SPECIFIC LEGAL EXPERIENCE
- Mr. Lardiere acts in a formal and informal capacity as Outside General Counsel for various for profit and not for profit businesses. As part of that representation Mr. Lardiere provides advice and guidance on day to day operations; provides training to staff; management and board members; assists with marketing campaigns and strategies; and, helps conduct due diligence for vendor relations. In those situations where Mr. Lardiere is not able to provide the required legal services, he assists his clients in obtaining counsel and acts as a liaison between his clients and those attorneys.
- Representation of financial institutions and small businesses in transactional as well as litigation matters. Recently Mr. Lardiere successfully managed a situation where a financial institution’s core processor inadvertently released thousands of customers’ private data. Mr. Lardiere pursued the matter through the arbitration process and obtained a favorable result for the client.
- Representation in all types of civil litigation in various situations and industries. This includes defending a $750,000 claim where an insurer alleged fraud and misrepresentation on the part of the owners and comptroller of a business when obtaining group health insurance. Mr. Lardiere was able to get the case dismissed in Federal Court. The decision was upheld by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. The insurer was ultimately ordered to pay over $125,000 in attorney’s fees and costs.
- Representation of employers in a variety of labor and employment matters which includes the defense of VSSR claims, consultation and litigation regarding the creation and enforcement of covenants not to compete as well as similar employment contract provisions and the creation of employee handbooks.
- Representation of landlords and management companies of commercial and residential real estate involving matters such as contract and lease negotiations, insurance coverage disputes, fair housing discrimination defense, evictions and other matters incident to the ownership and operation of commercial and residential real estate.
General Counsel – In-House Counsel: Representation of Banks, Savings & Loan Associations, Credit Unions, Credit Card Issuers and Debt Buyers and other financial institutions. Representation of small businesses. This representation includes general advice on contracts; vendor relations; human resource issues; defense of lawsuits; insurance coverage procurement and coverage disputes; workers compensation matters; bankruptcy and work outs; consumer and commercial collections; commercial law; commercial litigation; consumer lending; creditor rights and loan and lease documentation.
Commercial Litigation: Representation of financial institutions and small business including franchise owners in litigation, including commercial loan transactions; vendor disputes; insurance coverage disputes; contract claims; loan restructures and work outs. This representation includes preparation, review and advice on contracts; loan documentation and issues dealing with the Uniform Commercial Code, including issues related to collateral documentation and security interests; fraud; check kiting; and negotiable instruments.
Litigation/Arbitration/Mediation: Representation experience includes all types of civil litigation, including insurance problems, breach of contracts, property cases, coverage issues and collections. This representation has extended to areas including aviation; class actions; commercial disputes; construction claims; discrimination matters; employment-at-will, implied contracts and wrongful termination; employment discrimination; environmental damage claims; franchise actions; intellectual property litigation; intentional tort claims; personal injury; product liability; professional negligence; real property litigation; sexual harassment; trade secrets, restrictive covenants and unfair competition and Workers' Compensation.
Employment Matters: Representation of employers in matters dealing with employment discrimination; employment-at-will, implied contracts and wrongful termination; employment handbooks; sexual harassment; trade secrets, restrictive covenants and unfair competition and Workers' Compensation.
Landlord/Tenant Disputes: These matters include both straight and HUD subsidized properties on behalf of landlords. This representation involves lease preparation; document preparation; lease negotiations; evictions; defense of Fair Housing allegations and related matters.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2013 Chair: Corporate Counsel Section
- 2012 Vice- Chair: Corporate Counsel Section